Who Owns Finds?
- All single items found are owned by the finder with the exception of treasure/hoard and gold coins which are split 50/50 between the finder and the land owner/farmer.
- The finder has first refusal to take ownership of any disclaimed treasure/hoard or gold coins.
- All upheld treasure/hoard is split 50/50 with land owner/farmer and finder in accordance with UK law.
- Colchestertreasurehunting has NO vested interest in any finds or hoards/treasures found.
The FULL 50% is paid to the finder, the other 50% is paid in full to the landowner/farmer.
Cancellations And Refunds
- There are no refunds for cancelled bookings.
- Please ensure you take out sufficient cancellation insurance before booking your trip to cover sickness delays or family bereavements.
- If we can fill a cancelled booking with another person a full refund will be made.
Risks & Responsibility
Colchestertreasurehunting exercises every care possible, however:
- Colchestertreasurehunting does not accept any liability for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity in connection with the hunts of any airplane, automobile, motor coach or any other conveyance used in carrying out this tour or for the acts or defaults of any company or person engaged in conveying the passenger or in carrying out the arrangement of the tour.
- Colchestertreasurehunting always endeavors to provide the very best locations and sites available to them to insure the continued success of our hunts. However we make no guarantee, explicit or implied, about the number or value of artifacts, coins or jewelry any participant may recover.
- Colchestertreasurehunting does not accept any responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay in air or other services, sickness, bad weather, strike, war, quarantine, acts of god or other causes beyond our control and reserve the right to make such alterations to the itinerary as may be deemed necessary for carrying out the tour.
- By forwarding your deposit, you certify that you do not have any mental, physical or any other condition or disability that would create a hazard for yourself or any other passenger or participant and that your baggage is entirely your own responsibility.
- You understand the hazards of traveling by foot over rural terrain and plowed fields and accept responsibility for the risks associated with this activity.
- In consideration of, and as part payment for the right to participate in such tour, you agree to accept all of the risks and responsibilities above and that any part payment also constitute consent to all the risks and responsibilities listed above.
By sending a deposit you agree to:
- Colchestertreasurehunting terms and conditions.
- Adherence to the Treasure Act.
- Correct exporting of finds.
- NO find over 50 years old can be taken home without an approved export license.
All transportation to and from sites, museum visits, trips to the shops, restaurants, pubs etc are all free and not included in the price of your trip.
You may be using multiple vehicles during your stay, taxi hire, private hire from the airport, saloon car to the museum and even the farmer can drive you around his land. No exchange of money for any trip must be made as they are all free.
Giving any driver of any vehicle a tip (apart from a registered taxi) may invalidate the insurance as it now becomes for hire and reward.